I created this recipe to enter the #HUBakeOff because it combines all my favorite indulgences: banana nice cream, almond butter, cinnamon, and of course, Hu chocolates! I wanted to make a dessert that would showcase multiple Hu goodies to prove that not just one in particular is amazing! I love all the Hu products because they make living a "healthy" lifestyle SO easy. Through research and personal experience, their team was able to create foods that replaced weird, industrial ingredients with simple, healthy ones. Hu developed their own delicious chocolate (bonus: it's also paleo and vegan) to meet their strict ingredient "guardrails". These Banana Almond "Klondike" Bars are a perfect, unique, healthy treat and I hope they agree!
Ingredients (Serves 6):
4 bananas, cut and frozen
4 tbsp of smooth almond butter
2 tbsp of almond milk 1 bag of HU Almond Hunks chopped
1 cup of HU Dark Chocolate Gems
1. Add bananas, almond butter, and almond milk to a food processor and blend on low until smooth.
2. Once blended, mix in chopped HU Almond Hunks.
3. Distribute nice cream into 3x3 square silicone molds (linked) and freeze until solid (about 2 hours). *Tip: use a baking tray under mold to help balance in freezer*
4. When your nice cream squares are frozen, make the chocolate coating. Mix HU Dark Chocolate Gems, coconut oil, and cinnamon in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 2 minutes (1 minute increments, mixing in between).
5. Remove nice cream squares from the molds and individually dunk the tops and sides into the chocolate mixture and place on a parchment-lined baking tray and freeze until set (about 30 minutes).
6. Drizzle with extra almond butter if desired and enjoy!