During quarantine, my Instagram feed has been filled with so many different kinds of banana bread! While they all look delicious and very creative, I think my Cinnamon Chip Banana Bread definitely takes the cake! It contains super clean ingredients, and sometime I add in protein powder to get a little extra nutrition! This recipe can be served as loafs, muffins, cakes, or any kind of mold you have. Enjoy it for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert!
2 mashed bananas
1 cup of oat flour
1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
1/4 cup of coconut sugar
1/2 tsp of baking soda
4 egg whites
1 tbsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 cup of dark chocolate chips (I used Hu Dark Chocolate Gems)
pinch of salt
optional: 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
1. Preheat oven to 350° F
2. In a medium bowl, combine oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and optional protein powder.
3. In a separate large bowl, mix mashed bananas, coconut oil, coconut sugar, egg whites, and vanilla extract.
4. Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the large bowl and combine well.
5. Stir in dark chocolate chips.
6. Grease loaf pan or muffin tins with coconut oil and pour in batter.
7. Bake for 50-60 minutes (loaf) or 20-25 minutes (muffins).
8. Let cool, remove from tins and enjoy!