During high school and my gap year my mom and I used to go to the Dig Inn on Boylston Street for dinner multiple times a week. Dig Inn has a variety of grain and salad bowls and their whole menu is filled with seasonal and regionally sourced ingredients. They even have customizable "market bowls" where you can pick a grain and or salad base, two vegetable sides, and a protein. My market bowl always consists of sheet tray carrots, roasted sweet potatoes, herb roasted chicken or wild alaskan salmon, and avocado. Everything there is amazing, but I have to say the roasted sweet potatoes are the best part of the whole meal! They have a crispy, salty skin and are almost caramelized, they are straight crack! If you do not have the pleasure of living near a Dig Inn, make these sweet potatoes. I promise you will want to make them over and over again!
6 sweet potatoes
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely diced
1 tbsp of smoked paprika
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Wash and clean potatoes (peel if desired), cut into eighths.
3. Add cut potatoes into a large bowl and mix all other ingredients in another bowl until well combined.
4. Add the oil mixture to the potatoes and toss until well coated.
5. Transfer potatoes to a sheet pan and spread out into 1 layer with room.
6. Roast in oven for 40 minutes. Flip once after 20 minutes.
7. Serve with a lean protein and veggies and enjoy!