Updated: Jan 24, 2021
Looking for a healthy treat to make this holiday season? Look no further! My close friend Milly (creator of Bon Athlete) and I are so excited to bring you our recipe collaboration! Make sure to check out her blog for some more fun, healthy recipes! Our healthy chocolate peppermint cookies are the perfect dessert to get you and your family in the holiday spirit!
Ingredients (serves 12):
1 cup of oat flour
1/4 cup of cacao powder
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt
1/3 cup of coconut oil
1/2 cup of coconut sugar
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1 tbsp of almond butter
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 - 1 tsp peppermint extract
1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
crushed peppermint candies
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In one bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
3. In another bowl, combine all the wet ingredients.
4. Stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients aded half of the mixture at a time, then mix in chocolate chips.
5. Refrigerate dough for 10 minutes.
6. Shape dough into even sized balls, place on parchment lined baking sheet, and flatten with your hands. Sprinkle crushed peppermint candies on top.
7. Bake in oven for 12 minutes.
8. Let cool and enjoy!