I created these Strawberry Coconut Truffles as a Valentine's Day recipe collaboration with resilientHer, a sports medicine blog with a mission to empower female and non-binary athletes to promote mental and physical wellbeing and optimal performance. resilientHer's founder, Yurika, wrote an amazing piece titled "5 Practical Intuitive Eating Tips" which you can find on my health & wellness blog page and I will link it here.
Ingredients (yields 12):
3 oz of freeze dried strawberries
1/2 cup of fresh strawberries, diced
1/2 cup of finely shredded coconut
1/4 cup of coconut oil, not melted
1 cup of dark chocolate chips (I used HuKitchen Gems)
1. Blend freeze dried strawberries in a food processor until a fine powder forms (make about 1 cup of powder) then transfer to a large mixing bowl and combine with the shredded coconut.
2. Blend the fresh strawberries until pureed and add to the bowl.
3. Add coconut oil to the bowl and mix together until well combined.
4. Roll the mixture into balls and chill in the fridge until firm (about 10 minutes).
5. Once firm, melt the dark chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until completely melted.
6. Dip the strawberries into the chocolate and place on wax paper. Place in the fridge to let the chocolate set.
7. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge and enjoy!